The Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul was named the leading hotel in Europe in Antalya, Turkey at the World Travel Awards Europe last week. A former Imperial Ottoman palace, the hotel sits along the Bosphorus coast and harkens the grandeur of the era with ornate, Arabic and Middle Eastern décor, columns, arches, and lush tropical palm trees. New this year, the hotel also added a poolside Moet & Chandon champagne bar over the summer for guests lounging by the heated infinity pool. Rich dark wood panelled suites come with writing desks, a ‘pillow menu,’ and balconies in every room.
Meanwhile, other winners in the World Travel Awards Europe hotel category this year include:
– Europe’s Leading City Hotel: Hotel Fouquet Barriere Paris, France
– Europe’s Leading Boutique Hotel: Grandes Alpes Private Hotel, France
– Europe’s Leading Hotel & Spa: Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, Ukraine
– Europe’s Leading Luxury Resort: Conrad Algarve, Portugal
– Europe’s Leading New Hotel: Waldorf Astoria Berlin, Germany
– Europe’s Most Romantic Resort: Royal Adam & Eve Hotel, Turkey